Arunachal Pradesh is one of the twenty-nine states of the Republic of India. Located in northeast India, it holds the most north-eastern position among the states in the north-east region of India. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is the most demanding course in Arunachal Pradesh. One of the important states of northern Eastern India, Arunachal Pradesh observes heaps of applications from MBA applicants.
Undoubtedly, there are plenty of colleges offering MBA courses but which college to choose a mid all is the best confusion amid the aspirant. Ideally, a college should be chosen as per its ranking criteria. To aid you to best in the domain, we have listed all important details pertaining to the ranking of the colleges. We have sorted out top MBA colleges in Arunachal Pradesh on the basis of important norms and criteria listed by the educational council board of India. A description of these top colleges is as follows : –
Arunachal University Of Studies
The Arunachal University of Studies was legislated by the Arunachal Pradesh State Legislative Assembly and received the assent of the Hon’ble Governor on 26th May 2012 vide “The Arunachal University of Studies Act, 2012 (Act No. 9 of 2012)” and published in Extra-Ordinary Official Gazette on 30th May 2012. The University is the First State Self-Financed University of Arunachal Pradesh. Geographically the University is the easternmost University of India and it is the only university of eastern Arunachal Pradesh. Arunachal University of Studies comes u/s 2(f) of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956. The University is empowered to award degrees as specified u/s 22 of the UGC Act of 1956. The University Act also enables it to award diplomas, charters, certificates, Pre-University certificates, and other academic distinctions.
The University is the first existing State University of the Arunachal Pradesh in terms of getting the prestigious Membership of Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi. The University has obtained No Objection Certificates from All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi for conducting Technical programs, and Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), New Delhi for conducting the Agricultural programs. Apart from this the University is duly approved and recognized by Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi for conducting Legal Education programs; Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), New Delhi for conducting Rehabilitation & Special Education programs and National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) for conducting Teacher’s Education Programme.
The university imparts education to the students in a comprehensive format without compromising on the traditional ways of pedagogy, which the nations have nourished since its inception. It has therefore embarked on a noble concept clubbing the classroom lectures and the skill development elements together. This approach lightens up the interest of the students in their respective scope of subjects and that gives a holistic get up to the whole perception of education.
The course structure at the University’s disposal has been very carefully crafted to incorporate the best practices of the work environment and provides the students with the required scope to hone their capabilities. The course structure has been a genesis of eminent academicians of varied fields. The University encourages the inquisitive nature of the students and lets them the freedom to find the answers themselves with the guidance of the faculties. The University prophesies to inspire the students towards knowledge. In this purview, it has purposefully tied up with the various industries to let its students have hands-on experience right from the start of their academic session. This nurtures and molds them well into the real world scenario.
The large cache of research papers and other learning materials available with the University complements this module. It further extends the same through e-learning materials. The Universities approach remains convergent with an obvious envisaged goal of producing competent human resources. The University shall remain dedicated to the motto of “pursuit of excellence, education with a difference for providing education by offering unparalleled exposure to develop its students into holistic human beings, body, mind, and soul”.
The title of the program is approved u/s 22 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act 1956.
There are innumerable MBA programs in the offing by various institutions of the nation and the world alike. With so many options, the search for the MBA that is best suited to one’s goals is a strenuous and demanding process. The first step is to identify the field of MBA one is interested in and looking for. Above all, one needs to realize that there’s no “best” or “worst” MBA. Each prospective MBA student has his or her own vision of his or her career development.
It is generally accepted that all MBA programs can be divided into various areas of specializations. Hence providing a large pool of specializations, Arunachal University of Studies’ MBA remains what many prospective students refer to as the “authentic” MBA.
The University offer below-mentioned specializations in Master of Business Administration:
- MBA (Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Marketing Management)
- MBA (Finance Management)
- MBA (Hospital Management)
- MBA (Hotel Management)
- MBA (Information Technology)
- MBA (Production and Operation Management)
- MBA (Project Management)
- MBA (International Business)
- MBA (Supply Chain Management)
- MBA (Human Resource Management & Marketing Management)
- MBA (Marketing Management & Finance Management)
- MBA (International Business & Marketing Management)
- MBA (Information Technology & Project Management)
- MBA (International Business & Finance Management)
- MBA (International Business & Human Resource Management)
- MBA (Finance Management & Human Resource Management)
- MBA (International Business & Supply Chain Management)
- MBA (International Business & Hotel Management)
- MBA (International Business & Project Management)
Arunachal University of Studies grants admission to the MBA on the basis of the CAT examination. After the student clears the entrance exam, GDPI – group discussion and personal interviews are conducted on the basis of which of a student granted admission.
The admission procedure is available in an offline format. The offline procedure requires a candidate to buy the prospectus and submit the filled form along with the testimonials at the campus or at a center marked by the University. The online procedure will be functional very soon where the students shall require to make the payment for the form online and upload the scanned copies of his/ her testimonials.
- Existing Premises Details: Presently the University has a premise of around 2500 Sq. Mts. consisting of well-equipped classrooms, staff rooms, laboratory, etc.
- New Premises: The University is constructing its new Academic block with an area of 3,500 Sq. Mts. and shall be operational in the year 2015. Further, the University plans to construct a total of 15,000 Sq. Mts. by the year 2019.
- Canteen: The University has a well-equipped canteen and serving hygienic food & beverages. The University prefers to use cereals and vegetables grown on its own land through organic farming.
- Boys Hostel: The University has a boy’s hostel facility with a capacity of 60 beds available on first cum first basis. The hostel has an in-house mess facility. Further, the University is planning to expand the hostel facilities to accommodate more students.
- Girls Hostel: The University has a girl’s hostel facility inside the campus with a capacity of 60 beds available on first cum first basis. The hostel has an in-house mess facility. The premise is well secured with 24×7 security available for the safety of female students.
- Faculty Guest House: The University has separate Male and Female Guest Houses to accommodate faculty members respectively.
- Computer Lab: The University has state of the art computer lab for the students with internet facility.
- Library: The University has well-equipped state of art library to cater to the educational need of its students. Currently, there are more than 10,000 books/ reference material available in the library for various courses.
- Power Back-Up: The University campus has 100% power back-up facilities for the uninterrupted functioning of University activities.
- Drinking-Water: The University emphasizes the health and hygiene of its students, staff, and visitors and facilitated purified drinking water plant and water coolers.
- Sports: The campus has indoor and outdoor sports facilities for its students and staff.
Himalayan University is a UGC-recognised University in India established in 2012 by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh State located at the Nahalagun in Itanagar. The Himalayan University is accredited and recognized by the University Grants Commission under the section of 2 f of UGC act 1956. With its introduction to Arunachal Pradesh, a capital city Itanagar has now tagged with Himalayan University where students will find a wide range of degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. The Arunachal Pradesh Gazette too approved the segment of Himalayan University under state government approval act no 6 of 2012. The universities offer almost all the courses in various disciplines from engineering, marketing, media, pharmacy, education, law, management, nursing, agriculture, and many more.
Himalayan University – a center of a diverse and creative education; brings their students with world-class of study environment and top experienced faculties. Being offering education under the rigid and competitive corporate behavior; Himalayan University managed to hold up with worthy research programs and other explorative degree courses that make students perform best with their higher education.
HU Recognition and Approval
- Himalayan University is recognized by Bar Council of India (BCI) which enables the university to offer legal degrees thereby making it, the first University to introduce integrated law programs in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) has also approved Himalayan University allowing it to confer B.Ed degree in special education
- Himalayan University is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), that permits the University to offers Pharmaceutical Sciences degree program at all levels of undergraduate and Postgraduate.
- Engineering and Technical courses of Himalayan University are duly approved by All India Council for Technical Education.
- HU is a member of the Confederation of India Industry (CII).
- The Himalayan University is a member of the All India Management Association (AIMA) which aims to nurture opportunities in the field of management.
- Himalayan University is a member of the Ph.D. chamber as one of the esteemed organization that majorly work on the up – graduation of industry, trade and entrepreneurship.
- Himalayan University is a corporate Associate member of ASSOCHAM under the vision of uplifting the Trade, commerce, and industrial environment of the country while linkage in a top-notch business segment at the domestic international level.
- Himalayan University is also accredited by the International Standard of Accreditation (IAO) that assures the quality and standards of Himalayan University while imparting Higher education at the level of Under Graduation and Post Graduation.
- 10. Himalayan University has been assessed and approved in accordance with the guidelines of ISO 9001: 2008.
Himalayan University is one of the dynamic and modern education centers of MBA offering master of business administration in almost every respective field. Himalayan University comprises of a reputed team of management faculty those who are well familiar with the latest marketing and management methodologies that can easily be imparted to respective candidates. All these MBA courses by Himalayan University offered in varied duration as depend upon the level of degree and selected theme.
There are many MBA courses being offered in one year but those mostly post-graduate diplomas; if you want to pursue an MBA degree then it ranging from 2 to 2.5 years. Himalayan University offers MBA in varied themes like banking, insurance, interior designing, computers, pharmaceutical, media, agriculture, entrepreneurship, accounting, sales, fashion, and many more.
Himalayan University offers admission to a wide range of degree programs ranging from bachelor to postgraduate programs. Himalayan University brings a wide selection of courses where students can select as per their career goals and interest. To enroll in an MBA program students must have 50 % in any graduate degree in management from any recognized University. HU valid CAT score to get enroll in MBA after clear the CAT exam Group discussion and personal interview is also conducted.
The students of Himalayan University avail the various facilities as follows:-
Training Placement Cell: The cell provides the best guidance to the student about their career and professionalism. Himalayan University has a strong tie-up with MCXSX; one of the highly demandable and successful nodes of Indian premium commodities and stock equities. It offers the student with the best training and internship program under the best facets of the corporate sector.
Pre University Education: The university offer education which is equivalent to the X, XI, XII standards. The University courses in all major disciplines Including Arts, science, and commerce streams.
Industrial Collaboration: Himalayan University works with industrial collaboration while bridging the gap between student and job market.
North Eastern Frontier Technical University
NEFTU – a center of a diverse and creative education; brings their students with world-class study environment and top experienced faculties. Being offering education under the rigid and competitive corporate behavior NEFTU managed to hold up with worthy research programs and other explorative degree courses. NEFTU being as a segment of quality of higher education offers a wide range of degree programs at different levels of graduate, postgraduate and doctorate.
The university with an expertise team of faculties provides a unique platform for diverse and creative education. On being accredited by the state government and UGC ACT 1956, NEFTU is well versed to facilitate the students with quality education and higher study programs of international standards. It has been the constant aim of NEFTU University to incorporate features of excellence in its campus. Every effort is made to improve the existing best practices in these fields. The Management and staff at NEFTU take great care to ensure that the Institute serves as an exemplary role model for other educational institutions across the country. NEFTU has not only accommodated these features of excellence, but it has also added value to them by matching them with the expectations of the resident student community and the staff.
NEFTU’s position of excellence among educational institutions in India is primarily because of these unique features. With a focus on multidisciplinary research and education and a learning model that emphasizes active learning, NEFTU aspires to be globally known for innovation at the intersection of disciplines. NEFTU’s bold vision builds upon over a decade of excellence in Institutions in engineering and business education. The climate at NEFTU is awesome and refreshing because of its location. Which is a very high elevation in the Upper Himalaya close to the Tibetan border. We invite you to visit our campus and inquire about the programs and activities that interest you.
NEFTU provides two years full-time MBA and executive program in several areas of specialization Finance Marketing Retail, Human Resource, Information Technology, Health Care, Hospital Management, Industrial Safety, Operations Management, Supply Chain Mgmt. Material Mgmt., Aviation Management, Event Management School Management.
The procedure to get admission in MBA at NEFTU is based on the CAT exam, Group Discussion, and Personal interview. The selection is based on performance in these varied processes. The student must have a graduation degree from a recognized university with a minimum of above 50 % marks.
NEFTU provide several amenities to their student as follows :
Interactive Center: In the contemporary world, in order to strengthen the skillsets of students, seminars, and workshops are the pre-requisites. Therefore, NEFTU offers a well-equipped interactive room with hi-tech facilities ranging from projectors to an effective sound system. All features of these rooms fulfill the infrastructural requirements of the university.
Library: For any educational institution, a library forms the backbone that offers an array of information to the young minds. The library at NEFTU abounds with the material of vast variety ranging from science to technology and management to humanities that emphasizes its value. Being a technical university, all sorts of e-books and requisite technological aids will add to its lucrativeness.
Computer Lab: NEFTU very well caters to the present-day requirements of the youth in terms of science and technology. Computer facilitates the everyday requirements of academics in numerous ways. Thus, it becomes the need of the hour. The computer lab designed here shall accomplish all such requirements in a strategic manner.
Lecture Room: To offer the world-class experience of learning, the lecture halls at NEFTU are specially designed considering each and every peculiar requirement of the detailed course contents of various faculties. No stone is left unturned by us to strengthen the formulation of the lecture rooms which are the indispensable aspects of the infrastructure of any university.
Cafeteria: Recreation forms an inseparable part of student life. Therefore, a neat, clean, and hygienic cafeteria is a part of the huge infrastructural system at NEFTU. The safety standards pertaining to food and beverages will be well taken care of thereby offering wonderful refreshments.
Sports Facilities: Keeping the holistic development of our students in view, abundant arrangements for sports have been made from far-flung resources. Huge playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts with the best quality equipment will give rejuvenating experience to the young sportsmen
Hostel Accommodation: For outstation students, the provision of hostel accommodation has been made separately for male and female students. Full-fledged mess for dining with clean and purified drinking water makes it fit to stay in hostel .besides this, facilities like 24*7 power backup, emergency medical assistance recreational facilities, etc. are also a part of the hostel at NEFTU.
North Eastern Regional Institute Of Science and Technology
North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (or NERIST) is a science and technology-oriented higher education institute in Nirjuli, Itanagar, in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh. Established in 1984, it is a deemed university, autonomous, fully funded and controlled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. The institute is managed by a Board of Management, comprising representatives of MHRD, the eight beneficiary states of the North Eastern region, AICTE, and educationists. The state governor of Arunachal Pradesh is the de facto head of the highest body, NERIST Society, which consists of education ministers of all North Eastern States. The Board of Management is headed by the Chairman, Air Marshal (Retd.) Pranab Kumar Barbora.
The North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) is a unique Institute of its kind in the country, having unconventional and innovative academic programmes. It was established in 1983 by the Government of India. Its foundation stone was laid by former President of India Late GianiZail Singh on 4th March 1984. The Institute was set up initially as a project of the North Eastern Council (NEC) for providing a system of education to create technical manpower at various levels for the development of the North Eastern Region of the country.
It’s approach is to encourage a policy of vocationalisation at the +2 level and to allow motivated students to go for degree level while letting others to go out of the Institute to enrich their profession with some years of industrial experience. It is an autonomous and fully funded Institute controlled by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India with effect from April 1, 1994. It got the status of a deemed to be university on 31st May 2005 under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. It is governed by the Board of Management (BoM) comprising the representatives of the MHRD, Govt. of India, the eight beneficiary states of the North Eastern States, AICTE and eminent educationists. It is fully residential and is spread over in 513 acres of land.
Academic programmes in the Institute started in August 1986 with the first batch of students admitted to its Base Module. Till July 2010, nineteen batches of graduates with specialization in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Forestry have passed out and many have been placed in different reputed organizations at national and international levels.
The Institute has a number of necessary infrastructural facilities such as Sub-Post Office, Branch of State Bank of India with core banking facility and ATM facility, Co-operative store, Institute Canteen, Nescafe Coffee Corner, Medical Health Unit, KendriyaVidyalaya and Kinder Garten School. Another ATM facility has been extended by the Axis bank. There are clubs for the faculty & officers, staff, and ladies. The Institute houses a BSNL telephone exchange in its campus, and has its own EPABX of 1200 lines. For stationery items, stores are provided in boys’ and girls’ hostel compounds.
Centre for Management Studies (CMS) come into existence on 4th November, 2009 as an independent Centre to offer MBA programme in NERIST. MBA programme was pioneered in Arunachal Pradesh by NERIST in the year 2006. The objective of the Centre is to impart management education to the future managers and policy makers of the region. CMS aims to pursue global vision without losing local priorities and train future managers to develop a synergy between global and local value systems. Centre offers MBA program in various specialization areas i.e. Human Resources Management, Marketing Management, Systems Management, Finance and Operation Management.
Prospective candidates must possess a Graduate Degree in any stream from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks. Those appearing in the qualifying examination or awaiting results may apply provisionally, the admission being subject to passing the qualifying examination. Admission is based on CAT (Common Admission Test ), Group Discussion and Personal Interview . If the seats remain vacant, direct admission is also considered subject to the guidelines of the University.
The facilities provided by NERIST to their students is as follows:-
- Advanced Central Computing Facility (ACCF): ACCF was established in 1996 with the objective of promoting research by faculty members and encouraging advanced computer studies by students.
- Educational Technology Cell: The ET cell was established as a project sponsored by the MHRD, Govt. of India with an objective to increase the effectiveness of the teaching-learning process with the help of modern audio-visual equipment. Now, the cell consists of processing laboratory, seminar room, and a board room that are well equipped with the state of the art audio-visual equipment. These are used for Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, and special lectures by faculty members and professionals from institutions and industries. The cell provides internet facility through BSNL NKN connectivity of 1GBPS bandwidth to all the departments, offices, hostels, and the schools on the campus. The campus is fully wi-fi enabled.
- Institute Library: The Institute library, with a collection of over 57,900 textbooks and reference books in its Central library and over 35,000 books in its Book Bank, subscribes 140 national and international journals. It also subscribes to 10 magazines and 12 national and regional dailies to provide a base for enhanced learning. Every student can issue a full set of books from its Book Bank facility in each semester. The library is also a member of the MHRD INDEST Consortium, Govt. of India that offers access to 9 international e-resources. Besides this, it also subscribes to JSTOR e-resources for the users of the Institute. It possesses IS code on CDROM and other educational DVDs. Being an institutional member of the Indian Liquid Crystal Society, Bangalore, and Kaziranga Wild Life Society of Assam, it receives literature and information services from them. Users can also access their required information about books through OPAC (On-line Public Access Catalogue).
- Campus Amenities: The Institute has a number of necessary infrastructural facilities such as Sub-Post Office, Branch of State Bank of India with core banking and ATM facilities, a departmental store, an Institute Canteen, a Medical Health Unit, and Kendriya Vidyalaya and Kinder Garten School. ATM facilities have been extended by the Axis and Canara banks as well. There are recreational clubs for the faculty & officers, staff, and ladies. The Institute houses a BSNL telephone exchange in its campus and has its own EPABX of 1200 lines. For stationery items, stores are provided in boys’ and girls’ hostel compounds.
- Students Enrolment: The Institute currently has a strength of about 1800 students. It is residential and accommodates most of the students in its nine Hostel blocks, of which two are exclusively for the girl students. However, students admitted through NEE-III will be provided hostel accommodation subject to the availability of seats in the NERIST hostels.
- Student Gymkhana: Students’ Gymkhana is the center of co-curricular activities for the students of the Institute. It provides the students with facilities for their all-round development in the field of sports, cultural activities, hobbies, and creativity. One multi-gym, one indoor badminton court, three basketball courts and a playground are under the Gymkhana.
- Training and Placement: Since its inception in 1991, the Training and Placement (T&P) Cell of the Institute provides training, placement, and career development opportunities to its students, while simultaneously conducting Industry-Institute interactions, Public relations and awareness programs, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Student Career Counseling. Industrial Training programs for the students being a compulsory requirement in partial fulfillment of the curriculum, the T&P Cell organizes such programs for a period of 30-45 days at the end of the pre-final year during summer vacation. These pieces of training are conducted in reputed organizations such as IOC, OIL Ashok Leyland, ONGC, Gammon India Ltd, HPC, NIC, DRDO, NESAC, Damodar Valley Corporation, Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd., NBCC, L&T, CPWD, CIAE, ICAR, Mother Diary, RFRI, NEIST, Stock Holding Corporation of India, NEDFI, HCL, etc.
Rajiv Gandhi University
Rajiv Gandhi University (formerly Arunachal University), the premier institution of higher education in Arunachal Pradesh, has completed thirty years of its existence. Smti. Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, laid the foundation stone of the University on February 4, 1984. Subsequently, it started its postgraduate courses from the Academic session 1988-89 in the sprawling and picturesque Rono Hills. The University was converted into a Central University on April 9, 2007, by a notification of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. On the outskirts of Itanagar, the capital of Arunachal Pradesh, Rono Hills is at a distance of 6.5 km from the National Highway 52-A which leads to Itanagar.
The only affiliating University in the state has its jurisdiction encompassing the whole of the state. In total, there are 35 colleges affiliated to this university comprising of sixteen Government Degree Colleges, seven private degree colleges, one private Law College, Nine private B.Ed. Colleges, a private Homoeopathy Medical College and a private Nursing College. Post-Graduate programs are offered in twenty-one subjects viz. Anthropology, Botany, Chemistry, Commerce, Computer Science & Engineering, Economics, Education, Electronics & Communication, English, Geography, Hindi, History, Management, Mathematics and Computing, Mass Communication, Physics, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, Teacher Education, Tribal Studies and Zoology. M.Phil programs are offered in departments of Anthropology, Botany, Commerce, Economics, Geography, Hindi, History, Mass Communication, Political Science, and Zoology and in Arunachal Institute of Tribal Studies (AITS).
In addition to this, all the Departments and Institutes of the University offers the Ph.D. program. The University runs P.G. Diploma courses in Hospitality Management & Tourism, Mass Communication, Geoinformatics, Banking & Insurance, Functional Hindi and Advanced PG Diploma in Disaster Management and Biodiversity, besides Diploma in DPPTE and Certificate Courses in Communicative English, Tribal languages, Yoga Therapy, Graphics & Animations, Myanmarese Language, etc. Rajiv Gandhi University with its motto “Vidhyaamritshnute” i.e. “Excellence and Immortality through the nectar of Education” has been striving to maintain high standards in both teaching and research. Years of concerted efforts have shown the signs of qualitative and quantitative progress. The percentage of the students clearing the NET/SLET and other national tests like RGNF, INSPIRE, etc. is fairly high. Campus recruitment program by leading recruiters has been there.
The research potential of the University is being strengthened by the increasing number of registered Ph.D. scholars and offering fellowship to regular M.Phil and Ph.D. scholars. Two Research Journals, one each in English and Hindi, are published regularly. The University had also signed MOUs with some of the leading universities and institutions viz. (i) RIHN, Kyoto, Japan, (ii) University of Missouri, Columbia, USA, (iii) Semnan University, Iran, (iv) IGNOU, New Delhi (v) MAKES, Kolkata, (vi) Shodhganga (INFLIBNET) besides others for collaborative reasearch and higher studies. The University has been organizing conferences, seminars, symposia, and workshops in order to generate, disseminate and upgrade knowledge on various key areas. In a span of three decades (32 years), Rajiv Gandhi University has matured into an institution with proven academic excellence, social commitment, and cultural interest with a clear vision for its future growth.
RGU provides a two year MBA program in different segment e.g. Finance Area, Marketing Area, Organisation Behaviour and HRM Area, Production and Operation management Area, Entrepreneurship Area, IT management Area, Service Management Area, Contemporary Issues Area, etc.
The minimum qualification for admission to the course is a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline from recognized University with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (5% relaxation for ST/SC). The applicants for the admission to MBA course shall be required to undergo written test, group discussion and personal interview to be conducted by the Department.
RJU provides numerous amenities to their student listed below :
EDUSAT Facility: Regular classes taught through multicast by CEC for various subjects especially on Development Studies, Mass Media, Career Counselling, Hindi, Health, Environmental Studies, Economics, Information & Communication Technology, Sociology, Public Relation, Education, Political Science & Geography were received at EDUSAT and routed to campus LAN. Some important lectures were recorded as archival materials in the EDUSAT server. The program is also simultaneously telecast through DTH ( DishTV Channel 772). Teaching end has been upgraded with better media capability and Train Net Software for two way interaction with the resource person. Beside, EDUSAT (State Network) was also established in the University with sponsorship from ISRO, which with its Hub station carry out multicasting of recorded educational programs of DECU, ISRO on a regular basis.
Library: Rajiv Gandhi University (formally Arunachal University) is the premier institution for higher education in the state of Arunachal Pradesh and has completed 32 (thirty-two) years of its existence. Late Smt. Indira Gandhi, the tenth prime minister of India laid the foundation stone of the university on the 4th.Feb1984.The Central Library was established with a short number of books in the year of the foundation of the University. The Central library is the hub of all academic activities providing access to knowledge and information to the University community. Its two storage building has spacious reading halls and compact stack area. Presently the Library holds 64,400 No.s of books and subscribes to various national and international journals. The library also provides access to the different online journals under various consortiums from which more than 10,000 e-journals, the full-text articles may be browsed and downloaded. The Library also subscribes to 17 daily newspapers and 10 reputed magazines. The total of 343 Ph.D. thesis and 353 dissertations are displayed in the separate section for consultation. The Library is using open source library management software KOHA and implemented RIFD technology for its smooth functioning of circulation operations and theft detection. The Central Library serves its users from 9.00 A.M. to 7.00 P.M. in all working days.